Understand what’s in your glass of wine!
Wines 101 is about Wine education events and dinners on the Sunshine Coast. Join us to gain a deeper understanding of what’s in your glass of wine!
Russell Gehling, your host and educator has been in the wine industry for more than 23 years. He has broad experience across the field, including as a:
- State sales manager for Negociants Australia
- Brand builder for multiple Australian and International wineries including Giesen (NZ), Ocean8 Wines (Mornington Peninsula, Australia), and Cep D’or (Provence, France)
- Owner of successful international wine import company
- Distributor for The Wine Tradition on the Sunshine Coast (current role)
- Educator for over 23 years, including staff training for restaurants and retail outlets, wine classes and functions for private and corporate clients, and classes at client’s homes.
Russell’s knowledge and love of wine stems from varied experiences with wine education, including:
- Teaching levels 2 and 3 of WSET (Wines and Spirits Educational Trust) at the Prince Wine Store, Melbourne
- Vintages at Primo Estate (Adelaide Plains, SA), Wirra Wirra (McLaren Vale, SA) wineries
- Extensive wine education in Western Australia (Margaret River, Great Southern Region) South Australia (Clare Valley, Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills, Coonawarra, Kangaroo Island) Victoria (Geelong, Mornington Peninsula, Yarra Valley, Gippsland, Alpine Valley), New South Wales (Hunter Valley), Tasmania (Freycinet Peninsula, Tamar Valley), New Zealand (Martinborough, Marlborough, Otago, Nelson Picton), France (Alsace, Champagne, Chablis, Burgundy, Rhone Valley, Provence, Languedoc), Italy (Tuscany, Piedmonte, Veneto), Spain (Rioja, Jerez, Duoro Valley), South Africa (Stellenbosch), and Portugal.
Russell’s passion for good wine, food and company will ensure that his guests leave with a smile, stories to tell, and a bit more knowledge about wine.
Understand what’s in your glass of wine with Wines 101.